| (Back to FAQs)
What kind of warranty is offered for your LED lights, and how do I obtain warranty service?
Acan Lighting, Inc. warrants all of our LED lighting fixtures, including the power supply, against defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase. Proof of original date of purchase is required for all warranty claims.
TO PROCESS A CLAIM WITHIN THE WARRANTY PERIOD
- Contact Acan Lighting with your product model, serial number and a description of the problem. Please do not contact your authorized Acan Lighting reseller or distributor - All warranty claims are handled directly with Acan Lighting, Inc.
It is important to have your serial number available when contacting us. The top of each fixture is stamped with your item's model # and serial number as shown below.
- If it is determined that your product needs to be returned to us for repair, a Return Materials Authorization (RMA) number will be issued to you. You will be responsible for the cost of shipping the fixture back to Acan Lighting. Please carefully pack your fixture and ship it to:
Acan Lighting, Inc.
75 Austin Blvd.
Commack, NY 11725
- Please expect approximately 2 weeks for us to receive, evaluate, and repair your fixture. Once repairs and testing are complete, Acan Lighting will pay to ship your item back to you.
IF YOU REQUIRE A "LOANER" LIGHTING FIXTURE
While your item is being repaired by Acan Lighting, you may request us to provide you with a "loaner" fixture to ensure that the health of your aquarium and livestock is maintained. The "loaner" fixture will be a similar model of your fixture being returned. Please follow the procedures below to arrange for a "loaner".
- Contact Acan Lighting with your product model, serial number and a description of the problem, and indicate that you need the "loaner". Please do not contact your authorized Acan Lighting reseller or distributor - All warranty claims are handled directly with Acan Lighting, Inc. Any warranty repairs involving "loaner" fixtures require a $100 charge to your credit card (Mastercard, Visa, or American Express) to cover the cost of shipping and handling.
- Within 24 hours after your credit card is charged, the "loaner" will be shipped out to you from our warehouse. Included in this shipment will be a preprinted FedEx Package Return Label which you will use for your return. Once you receive the "loaner", please use the same shipping box(es) and packing material to pack your item, and affix the Package Return Label to the outside of the box. Instructions for contacting FedEx and arranging for pickup are printed on the back of the label.
- Please expect approximately 2 weeks for us to receive, evaluate, and repair your fixture. Once repairs and testing are complete, Acan Lighting will ship your item back to you, and you must return the "loaner" to us using another FedEx Package Return Label we will provide to you. Acan Lighting reserves the right to charge your credit card for the full MSRP of the "loaner" piece if it is not returned to us within 30 days after completion of the repair.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS WARRANTY
Warranty on all products is limited to the repair or replacement of the product, at the discretion of Acan Lighting Inc, and does not cover: personal injury, property loss, incidental damages or consequential damages associated with the use of these products. Acan Lighting Inc. also states that the improper use of these products, acts of nature, electrical surge, power failure, saltwater corrosion, improper installation or improper maintenance of these products will not be covered. This limited warranty is not transferrable and applies only to the original purchaser.